Saturday, November 22, 2008

Starting Over

OK, this is my second shot at starting a blog. I had done so a couple weeks ago, but mainly used it as a venting machine for political issues. So, since I got it out of my system, I decided to start over! Now, I am very passionate about politics, so I am sure some of my opinions will end up in some posts, but my main goal for this blog is to write about things that are important to me, like my family, friends, etc. Scrapbooking is a huge part of my life, so I hope to use this as another way to document my life and the lives of my family members.

So, I'll start with this weekend. On Thursday evening, we all went to Hastings to the Celebration of Lights. We froze our tails off as we waited for the downtown lights to be turned on and for the "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" song that Keaton has been singing all week. However, Miss Keaton missed out on much of the fun because she was freaking out the entire time, anticipating the fire works, which they didn't have this year. This girl-she is terrified of fireworks...I have no idea why, but she is. She is also very hesitant about large crowds and loud noises/music.

Anyway, after the Celebration of Lights, we headed to Lincoln to go to the C-2 State Championship game, which the BLUE HILL BOBCATS were playing in. Now, Keaton was in heaven at this point-she LOVES staying in hotels, so much that lately our living room has been the "hotel room" and we have to knock to come in. Now, the great thing about this, is that she keeps it clean as a result of her pretending it's a hotel room....love it!!! 8 )

We made a mistake on the way to Lincoln. We allowed the girls to sleep all the way. BIG mistake. It was a nightmare trying to get them to sleep-with the excitement of being somewhere new, and the fact they thought they just took a nap and were ready to play!

Friday and Saturday were a blast. The Bobcats won!!! (Yeah!!!!!), then we moved on to Omaha, went to this Pizza Place that had games, mini golf, bowling, go-karts (all indoors of course!), went swimming in the hotel, ate at Famous Daves (YUMMY!), then today went to the mall and happened to catch Santa Claus and even got some Christmas shopping done. Now, I am thinking today is Sunday and I am sure to be confused for the rest of the week.

I did do something very unusual this weekend. I didn't pull out my camera once. I am one of those, you know, chronic picture takers-the obsession goes hand in hand with this scrapbooking thing...anyway, I made a deal with myself that I would just have fun, experience the time with family, and remember it in my heart instead of on photo paper. Big deal for me, huge. However, I am sure I will find someway to scrapbook about the weekend, photos or not...8 )

I am anticpating a fun, but crazy week ahead with the wonderful holiday coming up. We have lots of family coming into town, which means the next few days for me are cleaning, shopping, and preparing! I am super excited to meet our newest niece, little Baby Shea from Colorado.

No comments: